Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Badshah on a Rickshaw



It may not be a big deal to the thousands of Delhi-ites to do this...this might have become a thing of the past to most of the people down south...u see it everywhere in Gurgaon..
Have you guessed it yet? yes, it is the taking a bicycle rickshaw ride!!

I came out of the guest house this morning to go to the mall, hoping to catch an auto or a bus to the mall.But what did i see??..no autos, no buses...only bicycle rickshaws..initially I hesitated to take it since I felt sorry for the driver as he had to drag a 90 kilogram body of mine..but then I figured that there was no way out and I had take the rickshaw..It was an amazing ride..It was like a stroll down the memory lane to my kindergarten times when I used to ride the rickshaw to school..and for a moment I felt like a Badshah(King)!!!

Such is the irony of life...small things brings great pleasures :)

To know more about rickshaws see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickshaw

6 comments:

MCC Team said...

Spare a thought for the guy cycling. If i were you i would have tried my hand cycling that thing, rather than sitting behind.
But strange isnt it, a place which is considered the icon of modernity in India, ppl use rickshaw!

Shankarss PitStop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shankarss PitStop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shankarss PitStop said...

dude....you have gone a step further..by supporting the richsha wala. You saved this planet from few "Greenhouse emissions"...by travelling in a rickshaw....

you are not a BAD Shaw......

You are a Shehan Shaw.....

Vik Rajagopalan said...

LMAO. Shenshaw and a Baadshaw. Who are you anyway ?

I pity the Rickshaw guy but. LOL. Welcome back.

InteraDonna said...

hehe that would have been sooper fun!!! i forgot that rickshaws actually exist. was reminded only after this post! good one! continue blogging :)